Higgins Climate Action Network (Higgins CAN) is an alliance of local volunteer groups which share a concern about the Climate Emergency. We formed an alliance to achieve more by working together.
Our aim is to encourage our community and political leaders to take effective Climate Action.
We are a non-partisan network which runs on people power and seeks to promote strong Climate Action by all levels of government.
Members of the Higgins Climate Action Network:
– Australian Conservation Foundation Malvern Climate Action Group
– Australian Religious Response to Climate Change
– Doctors for the Environment Australia (Higgins)
– Environment Victoria South Eastern Volunteers – EVSEV
– Friends of the Earth Melbourne
– Lighter Footprints
Through their representatives on the Coordinating Committee, Higgins CAN member organisations choose which campaigns and activities they want to participate in. Some campaigns and activities involve all member organisations, and some do not.
Climate Action, health and Climate solutions
Higgins CAN aims to accelerate Climate Action by:
• Encouraging our community and leaders
• Working together with stakeholders and the community for better Climate policy
• Promoting effective local climate action for a safer world